As we begin the New Year, we all try to set some goals and resolutions for the new year. For me it is seems to always involve, “no more sweets,” or exercising more. Most of us don’t do too well at keeping them. I would like to suggest that we add one more very important priority. This is one we really need to keep. It is praying for our family like never before. The world today has so many evil obstacles in their lives. The devil is like a roaring lion trying to kill, steal, and destroy. So much of our time is spent on other things that I am afraid we tend to neglect, or at least are inconsistent in taking them to our heavenly Father in prayer. If we really believe that God hears and answers prayer, then we must PRAY.
- Learn to pray God’s will.
- Faith Praying: Matthew 6:10 “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is being done in heaven.” Find out what the Lord has in mind for your family and join the Father in praying His will. Psalm 36:9 says: “In Thy light, we see light.” Which means that we must be in God’s Light ourselves as we seek to know how to pray for our family.
- Promise Praying: We must be led by the Holy Spirit and God’s Word. Match our speech with God’s promises. 2 Corinthians 1:20 “For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding YES. And through Christ our AMEN ascends to God for His glory. NLT
- What can I expect when I pray?
- He hears: Psalms 40:1 “I waited patiently and expectantly, and the Lord heard my cry.”
- He speaks to His children: “My sheep hear my voice”: John 10:27.
- “The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest…..your God who goes before you, will Himself fight on your behalf.” Exodus 14:14
What have you found to be the greatest impediment to praying consistently for your family?
Galatians 6:9 “Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
Oh, Father my desire for my family is taken from Psalm 27:4, that they may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of their lives and gaze on the beauty of the Lord and seek Him.